Our client is a global multi-national provider of products to hospitals and non-acute customers (through distributors to general practitioners, dentists, etc). Their products were critical throughout the pandemic and the global crisis had put significant pressure on their supply chain. The business manufactures their products internationally in the Asia-Pacific region and they are distributed across nearby countries including Australia and New Zealand.
The business had been through several leadership changes and required an interim ANZ Interim Supply Chain Lead. As well as providing interim management, including the end-to- end process from planning, warehousing, distribution and customer care for all products sold via the Australian business, there were several additional key projects needed.
- Deliver an improvement to customer service
- Manage working capital and specifically inventory value to meet business needs; Manage Distribution Expenses in line with business expectations.
- Management of external partners including Third Party Logistics Providers (3PL) for warehousing and transportation; internal freight forwarders and other external logistics partners.
- Lead the ANZ Planning Team of six to ensure business objectives are met.
- Lead the analysis and make recommendations on the distribution network, supporting the leadership in determining future distribution options, including preparation of tender documents. Action
- End to end supply chain analysis and mapping
- Development of improvement recommendations (short and long term)
- Review of 3PL relationship and improvement recommendations
- Presentations to senior management
- Preparation of 3PL tender document
- Facilitate workshop Results
- Reduction in network freight costs
- Development of direct shipping for bulk customers
- Process improvements in customer service
- Set the foundation for improved network optimization
- Complete cost analysis of centralized vs state-based distribution model